MEADOW WALK BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
March 29, 2006, 7:00 PM at the Fruitville Library
Directors Present: Joe Sterwart, Diane Treharne
Directors Absent: Betsy Dane, Andrea DelSanto, Eddie Martin
Joe Stewart called the meeting to order at 7:07 PM.
Minutes from the December 9th meeting were read and approved.
Joe Stewart read a list of items for discussion from the agenda;
1. Speeding through neighborhood streets
2. Traffic issue due to several homes being for sale
3. Dog owners not picking up after pets
4. Children removing pop up heads from the sprinkler system
5. Children playing on island and destroying plants – very late at night
6. Residents are putting garbage out prior to 4:00 PM the previous day
7. Garbage is to be kept out of sight and in containers with lids
8. Garage sales must have given at least 1 weeks notice to board
9. Parking is not to interfere with corner turns or sidewalks and must face flow of traffic No garage sales allowed except by home sellers
After some discussion, it was agreed that these issues are on going and by reminding the current residents and informing the newer residents of the rules and regulations we will strive to keep it under control. To accomplish this, Joe is going to send out a letter asking everyone in Meadow Walk to email him so the board can have addresses for further notifications, reminders, newsletters, etc. Communication through email was decidedly the best way to communicate.
Diane Treharne reported that the quote for replanting the littoral shelf is $ 3390.00. Jim Henslick has approached the town for an extension of the planting deadline as to allow one more removal of the Tilapia, prior to planting.
Joe Stewart announced that the Board is looking for nominees for the vacant seats on the Modification Committee. As there were no volunteers, Joe is going to ask the membership via the email system, once in place.
Opened to the floor – concerns about the skateboarding, motorcycle noise, Palm Tree branches on the wall, and ladders on vehicles, were discussed and decided that a reminder via the email system, maybe in the form of a newsletter, would alert the residents to the rules and safety of the Meadow Walk community. Joe mentioned that the Palm branches are due to be trimmed at end of April or May. Ben Hilton suggested that we might take a look at our entrance area and consider some landscaping enhancements. Joe and Diane agreed.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:45.
Minutes taken by Diane Treharne and transcribed for submission by Betsy Dane.