MEADOW WALK BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
January 30, 2004, 7:00 PM at the Fruitville Library
All Directors were present.
Nancy Dell'Accio called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM. Betsy Dane read the minutes from the November 29, 2003 and December 2, 2003 Board meetings. Both sets of minutes were approved as submitted.
Betsy presented the 2004 Budget for Board Approval. Nancy moved to approve, Eddie Martin seconded and the Budget was passed unanimously. It will posted on the web site for all homeowners' information.
Eddie presented three bids for lava rocks to be purchased for the front entrance area. The bid from Total Landscape Supply, for $1285.07 including delivery, was approved.
Nancy reported that the Association was approved for the grant to improve the Wetlands area. Total funds approved were $3058.00. In order for us to receive the funds, HOMEOWNERS MUST HELP AND BECOME INVOLVED. We will hire someone to do the bush-hogging, and spraying will be done, but cleanup, bagging and planting will be the responsibility of the homeowners. Also, on MARCH 5, from 7-9 PM, at the Fruitville Library, Russ Hoffman, who is on the Board of Oscar Scherer Park, will give an educational seminar for all homeowners and their children. PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND.
PLEASE NOTE: IF HOMEOWNERS DO NOT COME OUT TO HELP, WE WILL LOSE THE GRANT, AND SWFMD WILL BEGIN TO MONITOR OUR WETLANDS AND WILL FINE US IN THE EVENT THEY ARE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATIONS. THIS WILL RESULT IN INCREASED DUES, AND, PERHAPS, ASSESSMENTS.
All of the information concerning the grant and our required participation will be posted on the News and Events page of our website, and Nancy will also distribute a flyer to all homes.
Other business covered:
1. THERE ARE STILL CARS THAT CONTINUE TO PARK IN THE ENTRY AREA WHILE WAITING FOR SCHOOL BUSSES. PLEASE NOTE ONCE AGAIN·THIS IS AGAINST THE LAWS CONCERNING STOP SIGN AND CROSSWALK PARKING, AND THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS GOING TO BEGIN PATROLLING AND TICKETING THE CARS THAT ARE THERE·THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE. PLEASE ABIDE BY THE LAW.
2. PLEASE REMIND YOUR LAWN AND PEST CONTROL SERVICES THAT THEY CANNOT SPRAY WITHIN 20' OF THE LAKES OR OF THE STREET, THEY HAVE TO USE GRANULES IN THESE AREAS.
3. PLEASE ABIDE BY THE SPEED LIMITS. THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU OR YOUR GUESTS TO FLY THROUGH THIS DEVELOPMENT.
4. GARY WALSH BROUGHT IN AN ARTICLE CONCERNING FHP GUIDELINES AND CONCERNS REGARDING THE INCREASED USE, BY CHILDREN, OF MOTORIZED SCOOTERS AND MINI-MOTORCYCLES. THE ARTICLE WILL BE POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE.
5. PLEASE REMEMBER AND ABIDE BY COUNTY WATER USE REGULATIONS WHEN IT COMES TO USING YOUR SPRINKLER SYSTEMS.
6. PLEASE ASK YOUR KIDS TO TAKE CARE WHEN PLAYING BALL, AND TO RETRIEVE THEIR BALLS FROM OTHER HOMEOWNERSâ LAWNS WHEN NECESSARY·WATCH OUT FOR CARS - BOTH PARKED AND MOVING.
The next Directors' meeting is scheduled for April 29, 2004. Please don't forget the seminar on March 5th!
The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 PM.
Betsy Dane, Secretary/Treasurer.